Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tag Challenge



Hi Everyone! My sweet and talented friend Gunilla  and I have been talking about doing a challenge for quite awhile. Gunilla lives in Sweden, so we talk on SKYPE.  We show each other the projects that we are working on and we talk about different techniques that we have seen. We finally decided to do a Tag Challenge with a different theme for each month this year.  The tags will measure  4 3/4" x  2 3/8" and we will add them to a ring. At the end of the year, we will have 12 tags to look back on. Almost like a journal in a way. The theme for  January's tag is Winter.

For my tag, I used Echo Park Country Drive - Big Sky Digital Paper for the background. I printed Shery K Love In Paris 20 - Music Notes Digital Paper on white tissue paper and added a strip to the left side of the tag. I added gesso over it to help tone it down a little bit and I continued around the edge of the tag. I added more shading to the edge of the tag using Studio G Grey Chalk Ink. I also used the gesso to add the little polka dots using a Printworks Stencil that I purchase at a local Stamp Convention. I added a piece of lace from my stash that I trimmed down to the scalloped edge. I used Echo Park Country Drive Digital Elements 1 - Bluebird for the cute little bird.  I added DecoArt Ice Crystal Glamour Dust Glitter Paint to the wing and went around the edge of the bird with Studio G Grey Chalk Ink to help it stand out from the background. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and All Natural Accents. I also added some DecoArt Ice Crystal Glamour Dust Glitter Paint to them. The pearl flourish is from Recollections.

Please visit Gunilla's Blog - Nillas Kort to see the beautiful winter tag that she has created for the Challenge. If you would like to play along with us, the theme for February is Love Is In The Air. Leave a link in the comments, we would love to see the tag you have created!

I'll be back soon with some Valentine's Day projects that I have created along with the February Tag!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Big Hugs,

Suzan




7 comments:

Jacque said...

This is such a beautiful tag, Suzan!!! The colors you have used are so peaceful and lovely!! And the cutest little birdie!!! Love those polka dots...and such a gotgeous floral treatment...Just a YUMMY creation!!! Hugs!!

Kelly said...

I love the soft blue and lace. My favorite is the bird and flowers are so lush. This tag is beautiful!
Hugs Kelly

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I love your tag Suzan!
The detail with the music notes together with the cute little bird is gorgeous! Well every single detail is just perfect.
I think this challenge is so much fun.

Have a lovely weekend my friend.
Hugs for you//Gunilla

Martha said...

What a DARLING tag, Suzan!

(I've come from Gunilla's blog. I love her creations!)

Ellen said...

Great idea of the two of you! Love your tag and Gunilla's too: beautiful colours and great layout. Just gave myself some tag dies, so I'll keep the challenge in mind.

Hugs, Ellen

4Him said...

Suzan, your tag is beautiful! Such a great idea!!

Jill Norwood said...

Hi Suzan! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!!! I love your beautiful tag! I need to try using my gesso more - it adds so much!!! Enjoy your weekend dear!!!