Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lucky Me!



Hi Everyone!  I hope this finds you all doing well! Here in California, there are signs that spring is here. The daffodils in my garden have bloomed and a dove has built a nest under my patio cover on two of the beams. This past Saturday, a baby dove arrived! It is so cute!

Can you believe that it is already March and St. Patrick's Day is next week!   I decided to make a card for   St. Patrick's Day using The Greeting Farm Digi Image - Good Luck Anya. I printed the cute image on Cryogen White Card Stock and colored it with Alcohol Markers. I paper pieced Anya's hat and outfit using Nitwit Collections - Bit O' Blarney Digital Design Papers. I also used the same design papers for the background of the card. I added one of my handmade flowers that I created using some lace that I found at Joann's. I also added some doilies and a Bazzill Timeless Button for the center. The "lucky me" is a stamp from Studio G. The ribbon and lace are from my stash.
 
 
I also crocheted some 4 leaf clovers using a tutorial I found here. I dyed them using green food coloring.        I added a rhinestone that I found at Michael's to each of the centers.
 
 Thank you for stopping by my blog! Lucky me to have such wonderful followers like you!

I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day! I'm going to try to make a Grasshopper Pie for my hubby on St. Patrick's Day! Chocolate and mint! Yummy!

I'm entering my card in the following challenge:

2 Cute Digital Stamps Challenge #101 - St. Patrick's Day


Big Hugs,

Suzan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute image, love that crochet flower, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Sharon Caudle said...

Suzan, this couldn't be any more adorable! Fantastic details and LOVE that flower!
hugs, Sharon

Cami said...

Love this pretty card and your 4-leaf clover! Your handwork is beautiful! You always make the cutest things that I love!

Hugs,
Camiu

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This card is adorable. Love the paper piecing and your flowers is so beautiful.
Your cards ALWAYS makes me smile!!

Big hugs and lots of love♥/Gunilla

Martha Tucker said...

Thank you so much for joining the challenge at 2.cute ink! You card is adorable! Good luck!

Elise said...

Hi Suzan!!! Oooh how GORGEOUS is this?!!! Love the plaid colors and that flower is soooooo BEAUTIFUL! Love love love it!

I too can't believe that March is here! Omgosh! Time is flying too quick right?! :( Wish it could slow down!

I wish you a beautiful weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Kelly said...

Beautiful card! I love the crocheted flower with the jewel next to your image! She is cute and the paper piecing is perfect. Can I have a slice of the pie?? mmm sounds great!
Have a great day,
Kelly

Ellen said...

Wow Suzan, I just love your card! Very lovely and adorable. Thanks for the link to the video to make flowers. I love to crochet, so I will try these flowers some time.
The last few weeks we couls smell spring here too, now it's less lovely but the sun is still shining.
Have a lovely St. Patricks Day!

hugs, Ellen